Rory Vaden – How to multiply your time (video)
An interesting summary of the history of “Time Management”:
- After a first step focused on efficiency (how to do more in less time),
- A second “two-dimensional” step around priorities (articulation between urgency and importance),
- There is a new logic in 3 dimensions: How to “multiply” time by adding the duration in time.
The central question then becomes : how do I invest my time today to win tomorrow?
And the funnel of time management becomes:
- What can I eliminate?
- What can I automate to save time tomorrow? Concept of Return On Time Investment
- What can I delegate?
- What can I postpone? Notion of “procrastination on purpose”
(and later it comes back to the top of the funnel with another possibility of being eliminated, automated, delegated…)